So, I bought perfume online. Like I didn’t smell it at all, I just read the description and thought, sure, let’s try it! And I promise you, I am not this type of person. I like to heavily research any beauty product I buy and testing things out before I spend money on them is important to me. But the other day I spritzed my last little bit of perfume and knew I needed to start searching for my next scent.
I recently invested in the latest season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians because I love them and feel no other explanation is needed. After watching Kim live her life for a few episodes, I felt compelled to check out her fragrance line and see if maybe that was where I would find my next scent. The only issue was that I couldn’t actually smell before buying, I just had to trust that Kim Kardashian West had good taste in perfume. I am pleased to say that yes, she does.
My shopping criteria was something around the $40 mark and would be good for cooler weather. What scents are good for cooler weather? I don’t know, but I just felt like I would know them when I read them. After reading every single description on the KKW Fragrance website I came upon the Nude Lips. The Lips line are the Kylie Jenner and KKW Fragrance collaboration that I am sure you have seen all over social media.
Here is the Nude Lips description straight from the website:
VANILLA AMBER MUSK
INSTANTLY EXPOSED. TONE-ON-TONE BOUQUETS OF MAGNOLIA, JASMINE, AND PEONY ARE DRENCHED WITH WARM, SOLAR SPICES AND BARELY-THERE LILY OF THE VALLEY. MELTED TAHITIAN VANILLA IS LUMINIZED WITH SUPERFINE AMBER CRYSTALS AND SKIN MUSKS FOR THAT LINGERING ON THE SKIN FEELING.
OPENING: SOLAR SPICES, LILY OF THE VALLEY
HEART: NUDE MAGNOLIA, JASMINE, PEONY
FINISH: TAHITIAN VANILLA, VIBRANT AMBER, MUSK
The price was right at $40, which worked with my planned budget. I hoped over to Ulta (because, cashback!) and decided to just try it out. It just came and omg. I cannot believe how much I actually like it. I usually think that celeb perfumes smell kind of cheap and meh, but this is not that at all. I’ve compiled a list of five things I think it smells like to help you get an idea of this scent.
- A grown up version of Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar. Like a sexier, I have more than $18 in my bank account version.
- Comforting. I think the vanilla and light floral notes are feminine without being overly feminine so it just smells warm and comforting. Kind of like a hug, but from Kim Kardashian West.
- Not over powering. This is the kind of perfume that knows it is great and doesn’t need to throw it in your face. If it were a woman, it would be the type of woman who is superior to you but instead of flaunting it, just tries to help you out and cheer you on.
- All the things from the description… at different times. At first you really smell the vanilla, but then as I keep getting whiffs of it, I start to smell more of the floral scents. It like legitimately has layers to it.
- Like a friggin’ bang for your buck. I will admit, the packaging is heavy. That is until I took the top off the bottle and realized most of the weight was in the top lip. Either way, I do feel like this is pretty reasonably priced for how much I love it. I will definitely purchase it again.
The bottle it came in is really cool and I actually love the look of the lips so much. I love when perfume can kind of double as decor and doesn’t look sad (or cheap) sitting on your counter or dresser. I am seriously so shockingly happy with this purchase and just really felt the need to share that with all of you.
If you want to grab your own bottle, I’ve linked the KKW Fragrances below. Also, if you want to get that cash back ($10 on your first purchase!!) here is the link to sign up! https://www.rakuten.com/r/MAGGER75?eeid=28187
Always Classy & Confused,